Here is the audio portion of the fifth Best Of. I wanted to play this first before I had you experience my rough draft VR that includes the actual panorama, of course. What you have here is a multi-layer audio recording at the exact site of the panorama in on Lake Michigan in Shorewood, WI. For one layer I solely recorded the 'glooshing' of the water underneath the dock, and then walked up to the beach and recorded the waves so close that my mikes got wet. How intense is that?! The reason I recorded both audio aspects was if I just stood where I stood with the camera the end result would just be a mushy, uncharacteristicly mono feel, and I didn't want that. Recording each element that made up the entire experience and manipulating it, I felt, would better grasp how the human ear perceives a live auditory experience.Expect an imeddiate intro with no fade-in. I did this because on the actual VR it will loop, thus a fade would ruin the effect (although the loop isn't that great!)
Click on the image to hear the audio.
No comments:
Post a Comment