Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First Best Of

Here's the my first attempt at creating a Quicktime Virtual Reality. Taking a panoramic photograph I snapped while stationed in Afghanistan, I placed it in MakeCubic for Quicktime. I wanted to use an existing photo so as to get the hang of the programs. Well, no beginner's luck here as I quickly learned that while the photo worked as a stand alone panorama, the fact that it is height heavy, as in it's taller than it should be, this creates a problem as the camera position (in actuality, as well) is higher than ground level. This causes an issue when the VR tried to make a field of view. Instead of the point of origin being in the lower third of the photo it is dead center, therefore making this cylindrical effect. I fussed with all the options but to no avail. Oh, well. I tried.
Click the photo to see the VR.

No comments: